Saugatuck, Michigan is a charming and historic town located on the shores of Lake Michigan.
It’s known for its vibrant arts scene and a variety of unique shops. It is rich in art galleries, boutiques, and antique shops, and there are many hidden gems to discover. Here are a few little-known shops in Saugatuck that you might enjoy:
- The Blue Coast Artists Gallery: This gallery features the work of local artists and offers a wide range of media, including painting, sculpture, jewelry, and more.
- The Salt of the Earth: This artisanal shop specializes in handmade, natural beauty products, such as soaps, lotions, and candles. They use only the finest ingredients and many of their products are made with locally sourced materials.
- The Good Goods: This shop specializes in unique home goods, gifts, and accessories, and has a focus on eco-friendly and sustainable products.
- Saugatuck Antiques Center: This large antique store is filled with treasures from the past and is a great place to find one-of-a-kind items.
- The Saugatuck Antique Mall: This mall is home to a wide selection of antiques and vintage items, including furniture, jewelry, and collectibles. It’s a great place to find unique and interesting pieces from the past. You might even find a piece or two to upcycle!
- The Saugatuck Dune Rides: This is not a shop, but rather a fun and unique experience. The Saugatuck Dune Rides offer guided tours of the beautiful dune landscapes in a custom-designed vehicle.
- The Pink House: This colorful shop specializes in vintage and antique furniture and home decor. It’s a great place to find unique pieces to add to your home.
- The Petal Pusher: This flower shop is known for its beautiful arrangements and unique bouquets. They offer a variety of flowers and plants, as well as gifts and home decor.
- The Art of Fire: This shop specializes in handmade pottery and other ceramics, and it’s a great place to find unique and beautifully crafted pieces.
- The Blueberry Patch: This shop is filled with a variety of handmade crafts and gifts, including jewelry, clothing, and home decor. It’s a great place to find one-of-a-kind items and support local artists.
- The Salt & Pepper Shaker Museum: This quirky museum is home to a collection of over 20,000 salt and pepper shakers, making it a must-visit for collectors and anyone with a love of unique and unusual artifacts.
- The Saugatuck Popcorn Company: This shop is known for its gourmet popcorn, which is made in small batches and comes in a variety of flavors. It’s a fun and tasty stop for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- The Saugatuck Brewing Company: This brewery is known for its locally crafted beers, and it also has a small shop that sells beer-related merchandise and other gifts. It’s a great place to try some delicious beers and pick up a souvenir.
- The Blue Star Antique Pavilion: This antique mall is home to over 50 dealers and features a wide variety of antique and vintage items, including furniture, jewelry, and collectibles. It’s a great place to find unique and one-of-a-kind items.
- The Saugatuck Tea Company: This tea shop offers a wide selection of loose-leaf teas, as well as tea accessories and gifts. They also offer tastings and classes, so you can learn more about different types of tea and how to brew the perfect cup.
- The Gallery Uptown: This art gallery features the work of local artists and offers a range of media, including paintings, sculptures, and pottery. It’s a great place to find unique and original artwork.
- The Saugatuck Shipwreck Museum: This small museum is dedicated to the history of shipwrecks on Lake Michigan and features exhibits on local shipwrecks and the brave rescuers who saved lives. It’s a fascinating and educational attraction.
- The Red Barn Antiques: This antique shop is filled with a wide variety of vintage and antique items, including furniture, jewelry, and collectibles. It’s a great place to find unique and one-of-a-kind items.
- The Green Carpet: This unique shop specializes in vintage and antique home decor, furniture, and accessories. It’s a great place to find one-of-a-kind pieces for your home or to pick up a unique gift.
- The Tin Ceiling: This charming shop offers a variety of home decor, gifts, and accessories, as well as a selection of locally made products.
- The Shops at Water Street: This complex of small shops and galleries features a variety of local artists and craftspeople. You can find everything from jewelry and clothing to home decor and art.
- The Book Nook & Java Shop: This cozy bookstore and coffee shop is a great place to relax and browse a wide selection of books while enjoying a cup of coffee or tea.
- The Red Velvet Room: This unique shop specializes in vintage and antique jewelry and accessories, as well as vintage clothing and home decor. It’s a great place to find unique and stylish pieces.
You can visit Saugatuck online and discover more about this amazing village.
There are many reasons to visit Saugatuck, Michigan, which is a charming town located on the shores of Lake Michigan. Here are a few reasons why you should consider visiting:
- Its natural beauty: Saugatuck is surrounded by beautiful parks, nature reserves, and sandy beaches, making it a great place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors. It’s also a popular destination for water sports like boating and fishing.
- Its art and culture: Saugatuck is home to a thriving arts scene, with a variety of galleries and studios featuring the work of local artists. The town also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including the Saugatuck Art Fair and the Saugatuck Jazz Festival.
- Its local shops and restaurants: Saugatuck has a variety of local shops and restaurants that offer unique products and delicious food. From artisanal bakeries and craft breweries to boutiques and farmers markets, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Its close proximity to other attractions: Saugatuck is located just a short drive from other popular destinations in West Michigan, including Holland, Grand Haven, and Muskegon. This makes it a great place to base yourself while you explore the area.
Overall, Saugatuck is a charming and welcoming town that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, art and culture, and local amenities. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the local art scene, or try some delicious food and drink, Saugatuck has something for everyone.